Nativity of the Lord – Christmas (A)
December 25, 2022
Click on video above to listen to homily; rewind/fast forward to other parts of liturgy
Homilist: Most Reverend Wilton D. Gregory
Guest Choir: Holy Redeemer Child Choir, College Park, MD
Archive Date: December 25, 2019
The Nativity of the Lord (Christmas)
Mass during the Night
A son is given to us
- Isaiah tells the people that “a great light” has changed their world—turned it upside down; oppression and gloom have been overcome.
- It is the birth of a child that has caused this change.
- This child has a vast kingdom that will last forever.
God’s grace has been revealed to all people
- Paul affirms the grace that God has already bestowed on those who believe.
- The believers are waiting for the coming of the Lord in glory in the future.
- Until the Lord comes in glory, they are to live justly and devoutly.
Today a Savior has been born for you
- Joseph and Mary journey from Nazareth to Bethlehem to be counted in the census.
- While in Bethlehem, Mary gives birth to Jesus, the Son of God.
- Jesus is the fulfillment of God’s promise, our Savior.